Thursday, February 17, 2011

24 months

24 months ago, I experienced death for the first time. Sure, I knew people who passed and had great grandparents and great aunts pass, but this was the first time that anyone close to me had passed away. Sherry was an amazing woman and taught me everything that I know at my current job. If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't be so successful at it now and I wouldn't keep pushing on despite that drowning feeling I talked about in yesterday's blog. 2 years has passed. Sometimes, it feels like it's been 10 years. And others, it feels like I just got that 1 a.m. phone call yesterday. I look back and wonder what things would be like today if she was still here. Would business be doing even better than it is now? Would there be this much fighting and chaos in the office? And more importantly, what would I have learned from this amazing woman in these last 2 years? She taught me so much. She is someone that I will carry with me through my entire life. She didn't let cancer slow her down and she traveled everywhere she possibly could. I'm so glad that Israel was her last trip with her grandsons. It was the last thing she wanted to do before she died. She taught me to keep on keeping on. And for that, I'm thankful. I miss her terribly.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry, Vicki. Anniversaries like this can be so difficult sometimes. *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete