Wednesday, February 2, 2011

12 things to give up for just one day

Why hello there, blog world. It's me, Vicki. It's been a while since I wrote. Sometimes, I get on here at night and try to blog and nothing comes out. Sometimes, I get on here at night and I write out everything I want to say and simply delete it and it was purely to vent and scream at someone. And other times, I'm just too tired to write or, I'm sure you don't want to hear it.

While reading the new Glamour magazine I got in the mail today, I stumbled across a page titled:

"12 things to give up for just one day"

Let's study these, shall we?

1) "The headphones that blog out the entire-wow, is that what a bird sounds like?"
Obviously wouldn't apply to me. I don't understand people who listen to their iPod 24/7.

2) "Those wobbly heels, the full-body Spanx, the bag big enough to hold a small child-anything you wear that hurts!"
Not that I wear heels often, but how do people do that everyday? And the Spanx. DON'T BUY IT. It was the worst $75 I ever spent. I should put that in ebay or something. As for the bag, I've known to have a big bag in my day, but never a "Mary Poppins" bag (as I like to call them). You know, I have to admit, I live for days when I can wake up and not worry about having to straighten my hair and do my makeup. Those are some of my best days. If you haven't tried it, maybe you should.

3) "The second Jager Bomb. Actually, the first."
I don't do Jager Bombs so it's all good. Jager gets you tore up quick. It's bad. Real bad.

4) "Being so superwoman-y that you forget to even taste the lunch you're eating over your keyboard."
Now this is right up my alley. I can't tell you how many days a month...er...week that I rush through lunch and get back to work. I should move this to the top of my to-do list every day. I'm not superwoman. Someone needs to take the pink, sparkly cape away from me.

5) "Saying 'yes' when you're feeling 'no'"
Again, right up my alley. I need to add the word "NO" (and all forms it could be used in) to my vocabulary.

6) "Slouching. Also: Wallowing."
I slouch a lot while sitting, walking, sleeping, you name it. I should fix this. No one likes a hunchback. (Sorry, Disney) As for wallowing, I've been known to wallow in self pity. I try not to but I'm human and a young woman. It happens.

7) "Texting. Isn't your little sister's voice so nice?"
WHAT?! That's my main form of communication to the outside world. Giving up texting would result in a tragic outcome for me. BUT. Think of how nice it would be. One of these days, I'm going to turn off my phone and not use it at all. And no FB either. Going dark would be nice.

8) "Your fear of flying. Take a deep breath (and by "deep breath", we just might mean "Ambien") and go somewhere amazing."
This seriously blows my mind. I've been flying since I was 3 months old. I actually find flying quite relaxing. I'm just curious why people don't like flying? Thoughts?

9) "Processed foods. Just to prove you can."
This one intrigues me. I've heard of people doing it and losing a lot of weight. They don't eat fast food or anything out of a box. I'm going to do more research and get back to you on this...I think I may just try it one weekend.

10) "Procrastinating. And, no, you can't put that off till next month."
I'm the queen of this at work. I need to manage my time better so I can enjoy my lunch and snacks and not procrastinate.

11) "Rolling your eyes. Difficult, but extremely effective."
I'm SO guilty of this, especially at work. I usually walk in rolling my eyes.

12) "Your birth control. HAHA. WE KID."
My acne would be terrible if I did.

So, there you have it folks, a blog entry from yours truly. I'm going to try some of these and I'll report back with how they went.

"When you're struggling with something, look at all the people around you and realize that every single person is struggling with something, and to them, it's just as hard as what you're going through."

No comments:

Post a Comment